Cannabis tea, or weed tea, can be easily made in two different ways. You can either make the tea using the buds of the cannabis plant or with the stems and leaves of the marijuana plant. The difference between the two is the strength. For example, cannabis tea made from the stems and leaves of the marijuana plant tends to be stronger and intensive, whereas, the tea made from buds of the cannabis plant is milder and is often used for getting you in the mood to sleep.
While Marijuana and cannabis still remain largely illegal in many states, the many health benefits of the two cannot be looked past. In fact, these benefits are what makes this tea such a popular beverage around the world.
So before making cannabis tea, you must check your country’s law on marijuana and cannabis usage. With that out of the way, let’s look at the actual recipes of both the teas.
Making Cannabis Tea with Cannabis Buds
In order to make cannabis tea from cannabis buds, you will require half a gram of cannabis buds, half teaspoon of butter, two cups of water, and one teaspoon of honey or sugar.
Here are the instructions –
- Start by grinding the cannabis buds into fine pieces and then add them to half a teaspoon of butter and mix this mixture well.
- Continue stirring the butter and cannabis together until you can clearly see all the cannabis coated with a layer of butter.
- Add water to a medium pot and bring it to a simmer and gently spoon in the cannabis and butter mixture. Make sure to scrape the side of the butter to get all the ground pieces of marijuana in the mixture. Leaving some behind can reduce the tea’s effectiveness.
- Now strain this mixture and allow it to cool down for a few minutes. Now add sugar or honey according to taste and drink away!
Making Weed Tea With Stem And Leaves of Marijuana
The ingredients are pretty much the same, the procedure, however, is a little different. Here is how you should make weed tea from the stem and leaves of marijuana for best taste.
- Use a grinder to grind the weed stems in order to extract more THC.
- Add half and half in a bowl and bring it to a boil. Do not use water to boil the stems because THC is only soluble in oils.
- Now add the stems and bring the mixture to boil once again. Make sure to keep stirring it for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Now strain the mixture into a teacup. Add sugar and honey to taste and enjoy the tea!
It is very important to be mindful of how much marijuana you’ll be using to make the tea. Both very high and very low levels of marijuana can have serious effects on your health. On the contrary, some people may not feel any effects at all.